日韩日批 , 五月天综合视频 , 国产91成人欧美精品另类动态 , av电影在线不卡,在线观看一区二区视频,魔屋电影未删节完整版免费观看中文下载 ,91天堂影院

Roadside bombing kills 1, injures 1 in Yemen's Hodeidah

Source: Xinhua| 2019-10-20 20:59:56|Editor: xuxin
Video PlayerClose

ADEN, Yemen, Oct. 20 (Xinhua) -- A roadside bombing killed a civilian and injured another in Yemen's Red Sea port city of Hodeidah, a military official told Xinhua.

"The bombing caused by an explosive device targeted the civilians' vehicle along a main road in Tuhyata district south of Hodeidah Province," the military source said on condition of anonymity.

The explosion partially destroyed the vehicle, killing a civilian and injuring his partner, he added.

"Houthis previously planted many explosive devices and landmines in the areas now controlled by the government forces in Hodeidah," the source noted.

Landmines and explosives of various kinds and sizes are considered a deadly long-standing threat to the lives of millions of Yemenis and have killed and injured hundreds of them, including women and children.

Previous reports of humanitarian organizations suggested that Yemen has become one of the largest landmine battlefields in the world since the World War II.

The Iran-backed Yemeni Houthi rebels launched a large military campaign and seized the capital Sanaa in late 2014, forcing President Abdu-Rabbu Mansour Hadi and his government into exile in neighboring Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries intervened militarily and began pounding the Houthi-controlled Sanaa in March 2015, in response to an official request from Hadi to protect Yemen against Iran's influence.

The conflict between the Houthis and the Saudi-backed Yemeni government recently entered its fifth year, aggravating the suffering of the Yemenis and deepening the world's worst humanitarian crisis.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001384882281