日韩日批 , 五月天综合视频 , 国产91成人欧美精品另类动态 , av电影在线不卡,在线观看一区二区视频,魔屋电影未删节完整版免费观看中文下载 ,91天堂影院

Security Council's call on Yemen not been heeded: UN humanitarian chief

Source: Xinhua| 2019-07-19 00:12:42|Editor: yan
Video PlayerClose

UNITED NATIONS, July 18 (Xinhua) -- UN Undersecretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator Mark Lowcock on Thursday warned that conditions for most people in Yemen are getting worse.

The Security Council last year offered unequivocal support for the humanitarian relief operation in Yemen, Lowcock told the 15-member council in a meeting on the situation of Yemen. "Unfortunately, your calls have not been heeded."

Since June, 120,000 more people have fled their homes due to the fighting rages on, bringing total displacement this year to more than 300,000 people, he said, adding that renewed conflict in Hodeidah governorate have been seen, despite the governorate-wide ceasefire agreed in Stockholm.

Lowcock said that the humanitarian access has been hindered by different parties in Yemen.

Houthis-affiliated authorities in the north continue to hinder humanitarian assistance in areas they control through bureaucratic impediments and interference, while in Government-controlled areas, Coalition forces continue to impose bureaucratic requirements on humanitarian agencies trying to travel up the west coast from the south, he added.

A civil war has plagued Yemen since late 2014 after Houthi rebels revolted and forced the internationally-recognized government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi into exile.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011105521382382891