日韩日批 , 五月天综合视频 , 国产91成人欧美精品另类动态 , av电影在线不卡,在线观看一区二区视频,魔屋电影未删节完整版免费观看中文下载 ,91天堂影院

Turkey to cut unnecessary foreign military equipment procurement: official

Source: Xinhua| 2019-07-18 23:32:11|Editor: yan
Video PlayerClose

ANKARA, July 18 (Xinhua) -- Turkey will not purchase foreign military equipment unless it is absolutely necessary, the country's head of defense industry said Thursday.

Ismail Demir's remarks, without giving further details, came after a U.S. move to exclude the country from the F-35 fighter jet program.

According to the state-run Anadolu Agency, Demir said that Turkish defense companies would face temporary losses after the Washington's decision, but insisted that the Turkish "industry will become stronger," blasting the U.S. move as "unilateral" and "illegitimate."

The Turkish official also said that removing Turkey from the program would affect other partners of the massive project.

Earlier on Wednesday, the United States announced it is removing Turkey from the F-35 stealth aircraft program, following Ankara's purchase of the Russian S-400 missile defense system.

Ankara slammed the U.S. decision, branding it as "unfair" and "illegitimate," warning that it will damage ties between the two key NATO allies.

Turkey planned buying more than 100 F-35 fighter jets and its defense companies were also involved in producing the modern jets.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011105521382382651