日韩日批 , 五月天综合视频 , 国产91成人欧美精品另类动态 , av电影在线不卡,在线观看一区二区视频,魔屋电影未删节完整版免费观看中文下载 ,91天堂影院

Gov't's forces counterattack leaves 10 militants dead in W. Afghanistan

Source: Xinhua| 2019-04-05 18:18:38|Editor: Xiang Bo
Video PlayerClose

QALA-E-NAW, Afghanistan, April 5 (Xinhua) -- At least 10 militants loyal to the Taliban outfit have been killed and 10 others wounded, following government forces counter-attack in Afghan western Badghis province, an official said Friday.

The crackdown launched on Thursday night, when the Taliban insurgents attacked a security checkpoint in Ab Kamari district of the restive province, Jamshid Shahabi, the provincial governor's spokesman told Xinhua.

Two security personnel have been injured in the fighting that is still going on, the official added.

The security forces crackdown on militants took place amid Taliban massive offensive on the neighboring Bala Murghab district in the province.

About 500 militants, according to local officials, have tightened the noose around Bala Murghab district to overrun the strategically important area to get closer to provincial capital Qala-e-Naw city.

However, Shahabi asserted that more than 50 armed insurgents had been killed and injured in counter-offensive involving fighting aircrafts and artillery over the past two days in the beleaguered Bala Murghab district.

Rejected the claim, a Taliban purported spokesman Qari Yusuf Ahmadi in contact with media outlets has claimed that the militants launched multi-pronged offensive on Bala Murghab district Wednesday night and have overrun several checkpoints.

Since warring sides in Afghanistan often exaggerate the casualties of opponents, it is difficult to verify the situation with independent sources.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001379526361