日韩日批 , 五月天综合视频 , 国产91成人欧美精品另类动态 , av电影在线不卡,在线观看一区二区视频,魔屋电影未删节完整版免费观看中文下载 ,91天堂影院

At least 15 dead, 50 missing in landslide in central Philippines

Source: Xinhua| 2018-09-20 19:03:11|Editor: xuxin
Video PlayerClose

MANILA, Sept. 20 (Xinhua) -- At least 15 people died on Thursday and more than 50 are missing when a landslide triggered by heavy rains buried several houses in Naga City in the central Philippine Cebu province, authorities said.

Authorities and witnesses said the landslide occurred shortly before 6 a.m. and buried several houses in the villages of Naalad and Tinaan. Dozens more are feared trapped under mud, they added.

Gary Cabotaje, a spokesperson for the Naga City government, said eight people were so far rescued, five of them sustained injuries. More than 1,000 settlers were already evacuated to safer ground, he added.

He said the soil has softened from heavy rains that triggered the landslide, making it hard for heavy equipment to reach the site.

Naga City councillor Carmelino Cruz told the ANC news channel that up to 50 people may have been buried alive in the landslide.

"Every now and then you can feel the ground vibrate. Our main concern is search and rescue. We would like to concentrate on saving as many as we can," Cruz added.

Among the identified dead were a four-year-old child, two teenagers and two elderly women.

In the landslide incident, authorities said people have been warned to leave the area due to imminent signs that landslide could occur. However, they said the residents ignored the warnings.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001374821701