日韩日批 , 五月天综合视频 , 国产91成人欧美精品另类动态 , av电影在线不卡,在线观看一区二区视频,魔屋电影未删节完整版免费观看中文下载 ,91天堂影院

 
Trump speaks with Libyan army commander Haftar: White House
                 Source: Xinhua | 2019-04-20 04:00:10 | Editor: huaxia

File Photo: A government soldier prepares his weapon in southern Tripoli, Libya, April 8, 2019. The Libyan government has launched a military campaign against the eastern-based army of Khalifa Haftar that attacked the capital Tripoli, said a spokesman. (Xinhua)

WASHINGTON, April 19 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump spoke over phone with Libyan army commander Khalifa Haftar on Monday, discussing "ongoing counterterrorism efforts," said the White House on Friday.

The two also discussed the need to achieve peace and stability in Libya and the war-torn country's "transition to a stable, democratic political system," according to a White House statement.

The White House did not explain why it released the statement days after the phone call took place.

The east-based army, led by Haftar, has been leading a military campaign since early April to take over Libya's capital city of Tripoli where the UN-backed government is based.

A total of 213 people have been killed and 1,009 others injured in the fighting between the Libyan government and the east-based army in and around Tripoli so far, the World Health Organization said Friday.

Libya has been struggling to make a democratic transition amid insecurity and chaos ever since the fall of former leader Muammar Gaddafi's regime in 2011.

Back to Top Close
Xinhuanet

Trump speaks with Libyan army commander Haftar: White House

Source: Xinhua 2019-04-20 04:00:10

File Photo: A government soldier prepares his weapon in southern Tripoli, Libya, April 8, 2019. The Libyan government has launched a military campaign against the eastern-based army of Khalifa Haftar that attacked the capital Tripoli, said a spokesman. (Xinhua)

WASHINGTON, April 19 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump spoke over phone with Libyan army commander Khalifa Haftar on Monday, discussing "ongoing counterterrorism efforts," said the White House on Friday.

The two also discussed the need to achieve peace and stability in Libya and the war-torn country's "transition to a stable, democratic political system," according to a White House statement.

The White House did not explain why it released the statement days after the phone call took place.

The east-based army, led by Haftar, has been leading a military campaign since early April to take over Libya's capital city of Tripoli where the UN-backed government is based.

A total of 213 people have been killed and 1,009 others injured in the fighting between the Libyan government and the east-based army in and around Tripoli so far, the World Health Organization said Friday.

Libya has been struggling to make a democratic transition amid insecurity and chaos ever since the fall of former leader Muammar Gaddafi's regime in 2011.

010020070750000000000000011100001379918141