日韩日批 , 五月天综合视频 , 国产91成人欧美精品另类动态 , av电影在线不卡,在线观看一区二区视频,魔屋电影未删节完整版免费观看中文下载 ,91天堂影院

Trump condemns racism ahead of anniversary on deadly Charlottesville rally

Source: Xinhua| 2018-08-12 04:27:02|Editor: ZD
Video PlayerClose

WASHINGTON, Aug. 11 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Donald Trump said Saturday that he condemned "all types of racism and acts of violence," a day before the one-year mark of a deadly rally in Charlottesville, state of Virginia.

"The riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division," Trump said in a tweet. "We must come together as a nation."

Last summer's "Unite the Right" rally in historic Charlottesville, held on Aug. 12 to protest U.S. cities taking down Confederate statues, attracted national attention when white supremacists, fascists and neo-Nazis violently clashed with counter-protesters.

A 32-year-old woman was killed and 19 others were injured when an Ohio man associated with white nationalist groups allegedly drove a car into the crowd of counter-protesters.

Trump drew a firestorm of criticism last year following the deadly incident in Charlottesville when he said "both sides" were to blame for the violence.

Another white supremacist rally is to take place outside the White House in Washington D.C. on Sunday, which is expected to bring about 400 demonstrators. Counter-protests will also be held in the capital city.

A permit to host another "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville this year was denied due to public safety concerns. Virginia Governor Ralph Northam and the city of Charlottesville have declared a state of emergency.

Local reports said a group of anti-fascist activists rallied peacefully in downtown Charlottesville on Saturday amid heightening security with heavy police presence.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001373839381